Are you struggling for motivation to exercise at the moment?
Here are a few quick facts that may give you the extra reason needed to get going.
- Exercise could play a role in increasing “good” cholesterol and lowering “bad” cholesterol.
- Regular exercise has been shown to lower stress levels.
- People who exercise vigorously were found to also have higher levels of mood-boosting vitamin D – probably because they spend more time out in the sun.
- Studies have found that exercising can reduce airway inflammation in people with asthma.
- For women, including those taking anti-depressants, exercise has been shown to increase sexual arousal.
- Working out regularly has been linked to fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Also, the big one, just start by doing something – action leads to action and further motivation, the hardest part is getting going